Students with a love of learning and a passion for computer technology
Criteria for Acceptance:
- Strong teacher recommendation indicating suitability for the program.
- Grades and achievement test scores indicating student is working at grade level.
Honors Class (School for Advanced Studies):
- Students who are State Identified Gifted or have the ability to be identified Gifted according to LAUSD criteria will be placed into the honors class of the academy. Reed offers School for Advanced Studies (SAS) permits for students who meet the criteria.
- Word processing, desktop publishing, new media design, database, spreadsheet, and presentation skills integrated into cross-curricular assignments.
- Opportunities for the use fo technology in the arts. State of the art equipment dedicated to academy use includes laptops, smartboards, and document cameras.
- Two academy teachers share sixth grade core academic classes.
- Four separate subject academy teachers teach two year sequential curriculum for the 7th and 8th grades.
- 3 year sequential enrichment technology class.
- Additional enrichment opportunities may include music, art, technology, and leadership, schedule permitting.
Click here for more information regarding brochures, applications, tours, and updates for Walter Reed’s Technology Academy.
Friends of Reed – Technology (FORT) - website of parent group dedicated to supporting the Technology Academy
Tomer Kleinman, SLC Coordinator
phone: 818-487-7614; email email@example.com
Debbie Vodhanel, SLC Assistant
phone: 818-487-7600 ex. 306; email firstname.lastname@example.org